I know I’ve posted this before, but now it’s finally done. I finally put the finishing touches on the fish chair that I painted for the local library (the library is auctioning off chairs decorated by various artists as a fund raiser). I was nervous about adding the glass marbles because than meant actually drilling recesses into the wood (eek!) It sat here for a really long time, but finally this weekend I got up the nerve to start drilling. I’m pretty happy with the results.
Even after four coats of polyurathane the paint dots are still raised which I really like. It gives it a nice texture when you run your hand over it.
I dropped it off at the library this afternoon, and I’m a bit sad to see it go (okey maybe more than a bit). I hope it finds a good home. I wish I had a place in my house to put it.
Here’s the seat. The large dots are the glass beads – they stick out a little, but not so much they hurt your bum.